3. Types of Personal Information that KSBC collects
KSBC collects the following categories of personal information about the visitors of our Site. For each category of information, we identify examples of the category, the business purposes for which we use the information in that category, the categories of sources from which the information is collected, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the information in the last 12 months.
Categories of Personal Information
Personal Identifiers & Contact Information
• Examples: Name; mailing address; email address; and phone number.
• Examples: Internet Protocol (IP) Address. The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer.
Transactions & Correspondence
• Examples: Records and copies of your correspondence (including emails) if you contact us through the Site; your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete; and details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
Business Purpose(s) for Which Information is Used
• Responding to inquiries submitted through the Site;
• Providing you with data, products, or services that you request from us (for example, when you provide your email address through the “Contact Us” form, we are able to use your email address to respond to your comment or question personally);
• Communicating with you regarding our products and services, including for marketing purposes;
• Notifying you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
• Verifying and responding to consumer requests;
• Improving and optimizing the Site experience for all visitors;
• Understanding the demographics of our Site visitors;
• Understanding, anticipating, and responding to user needs;
• Operating and maintaining the Site;
• Tailoring content of the Site to the needs of the specific browser used to access the Site;
• Detecting Security incidents;
• Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of the Site;
• Protecting against malicious or illegal activity and prosecuting those responsible;
• Directing Internet traffic to you;
• Providing you with data, products, or services that you request from us; Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection; and
Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide this information to us.
Categories of Sources from Which Information is Received
• Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as by filling out forms on the Site or when we ask you for this information after you report a problem with our Site;
• Automatically as you navigate through the Site;
• Directly from you when you communicate with us and engage in transactions through the Site.
Categories of Sources from Which Information is Collected
• Directly from you when you provide it to us;
• Automatically as you navigate through the Site; and
Categories of Third Parties to Whom Info Was Disclosed in the Last 12 Months
• Administrative services;
• Analytics and marketing consulting services;
• Payment processing; and
• Communications services.
Except as described above, we do not share this information with any other third party, unless with your consent, if we are required to do so by law enforcement or government agency, or for the purpose of defending or prosecuting legal claims.
4. Do we sell any of your personal information?
KSBC does NOT sell your personal information. We do not sell or otherwise trade or disclose for valuable monetary or non-monetary consideration the personal information that we collect from our Site visitors at any point or under any circumstance.
Like many websites, KSBC uses “cookies” to analyze visits to our website and help us improve our website and services. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please follow your browser’s process for doing so. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
Google Analytics Advertising Features
We may have the following Google Analytics Advertising Features Implemented: Demographics and Interest reporting, Remarketing, GDN Impression Reporting and Double Click Campaign Manager. These features collect data using Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. KSBC and third-party vendors use these first-party cookies to access the success of online marketing campaigns, inform future campaigns and improve usability on the Site. To learn how to opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use, please see Google Analytics’ currently available op-outs for the web https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are able to identify which Facebook users are engaging with our content through the use of Facebook Pixel. With the data collected, we are able to optimize our Facebook and/or Instagram advertisements to the audience that has shown interest in our product(s) or service(s). Facebook reserves the right to share the information you provide. If you do not want Facebook to share your information, you should remove it from Facebook.
Do Not Track settings
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set if they do not want web services to collect information about their online activity. However, there is currently no universal standard for sending and receiving DNT signals. Due to this lack of universal standard, it would be impossible for us to promise that we comply with all known and unknown DNT standards.
Therefore, we do not respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that provide a choice regarding the collection of personal information about activities over time and across different websites or online services. If a universal standard for DNT becomes available, we may revisit our DNT Policy.
6. Third parties providing services on our behalf
We use third parties to host the Site, design and operate the Site features, and perform administrative, analytics, payment processing, and communications services. Services third parties provide include enabling KSBC to send you email newsletters and providing information to KSBC about the use of the Site and viewing of our content. We may disclose information to these companies so they can carry out these services for KSBC. These companies are bound by contractual obligations to keep the information confidential and to implement and maintain reasonable security measures to safeguard the information.
7. Your Rights as a California Consumer
California consumers have the right to request access to their personal data and additional details about our information practices and deletion of their personal data (subject to certain exceptions). California consumers also have the right to opt out of sales of personal data, if applicable. We describe how California consumers can exercise their rights under the California Consumers Privacy Act (“CCPA”) below. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing written materials demonstrating that you have granted the authorized agent power of attorney. Please note that if an authorized agent submits a request on your behalf, we may need to contact you to verify your identity and protect the security of your personal data. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
• Request to Know (Type I): The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we identify to you (1) the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed or sold about you in the last 12 months, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business purpose for which we use this information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personal information in the last 12 months;
• Request to Know (Type II): The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
• Request to Delete: The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
• Request to Opt-Out: The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties;
• The right to designate an authorized agent to submit one of the above requests on your behalf; and
• The right to not be discriminated against in receiving different or less favorable pricing, service or financial incentive for exercising any of the above rights.
If you are a California-based employee or job applicant, you do not currently have any of the above rights with respect to any of your personal information that KSBC has collected for employment-related purposes.
8. How to submit a Request to Know or Request to Delete
If you are a California resident, you can submit a Request to Know (Type I), Request to Know (Type II), or Request to Delete by the options below:
• Submit an online request through e-mail to email@example.com; and
• Call us at (858) 273-2739
When you submit a Request to Know (Type I), Request to Know (Type II), or Request to Delete through one of the methods provided above, we will ask you to provide some information in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. Specifically, we will need you to provide your name, email, phone number, IP address, and device ID.
9. Responding to California consumer requests
If you are a California resident, we will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request from you within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days total from the date we receive your request), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
10. Notice Concerning Underage Users
Because Karl Strauss Brewing Company is an alcoholic beverage company that is based in the United States, you must be at least twenty one (21) years of age to access, use, or make purchases from our Site. We do not direct any of content at, or knowingly collect Personal Information from or about, persons less than 21 years of age. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user of our Site is under age 21, we will promptly delete the Personal Information we collected.
11. How we protect the information that we collect
The protection of the information that we collect about visitors to this Site is of the utmost importance to us and we take every reasonable measure to ensure that your information is protected from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, including:
• We keep automatically collected data and voluntarily collected data separate at all times;
• We use commercially reasonable tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems; and
• We restrict access to private information to those who need such access in the course of their duties for us.
Unfortunately, the internet is not completely secure. Although we are working to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information either in transmission or when stored. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
12. Links to other websites and services
13. Information collected when you submit employment inquiries on this Site
We allow you to submit employment inquiries, which involve providing us the following categories of personal information:
• Personal identities & contact information (such as your name, address, phone number, and email address);
• Employment history (current and past employment information);
• Education history (such as degrees or certificates obtained, schools attended, etc.);
• Information about your perceived successes and failures;
• Location where you are interested in working;
• Why you believe you would be a good fit for KSBC; and
• Other information you provide in your cover letter and resume.
When you submit the above information on the Site in connection with employment inquiries, KSBC may use this information to consider your candidacy for employment and communicate with you regarding your inquiry. However, merely submitting an employment inquiry does not guarantee that KSBC will consider you for employment or review any of the information you submit. KSBC is not required to consider your employment inquiry.
14. Consumers with disabilities
This policy is in a form that is accessible to consumers with disabilities. For more information on our website accessibility, CLICK HERE
15. Questions about this policy
Karl Strauss Brewing Company
Attn: Privacy Notice Compliance
5965 Santa Fe St., Suite E
San Diego, CA 92109
16. Consent to Terms and Conditions and Changes
Effective Date (last updated on): December 31, 2019