General Sales Manager (San Diego)
The General Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring the accomplishment of the beer sales goals for the Company. He/She oversees all on premise and off premise sales activities in all territories.
Essential Functions & Duties
- Provides proactive coaching, development, and leadership for his/her team of direct reports.
- Manages the overall efficiency and strategy of the Sales Team, Customer Service and Sales Administration.
- Develops and implements Sales Training programs and tools.
- Assists with the annual budget creation and manages the Profit & Loss statements for the Beer Sales and Customer Service Departments.
- Provides market/industry data for the development of pricing strategies.
- Manages the database of current and target accounts, ensuring that Regional Sales Managers are actively managing New Account Acquisition Strategies and Current Account Retention Activities.
- Oversees all customer service functions and ensures that customer service is effectively maintaining the sales experience for all assigned accounts.
- Creates, implements, and manages the quarterly goals and incentive programs for all sales activities.
- Coordinates key account strategies with the Marketing Department to ensure the sales team is spending the appropriate time and resources on core customers.
- Prospects, develops, and maintains new business for chain accounts.
- Coordinates with the Distribution Manager on the establishment and enforcement of account delivery schedules.
Coordinates with the Production team to assist with Production Planning.
- Performs periodic field audits and tracks weekly sales initiatives.
- Coordinates with the Events Department for securing and staffing special events.
- Oversees all sales administration tasks.
- Analyzes and presents weekly sales reports and account acquisition updates to VP of Beer.
- Writes departmental policies as needed.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Master's degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- 8+ years applicable sales experience, with 5+ years in a management capacity in Consumer Packaged Goods industry. Craft, Import or Microbrewery industry experience preferred.
- Strong motivational skills and background in training.
- Requires strong verbal, written, and oral presentation skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications. Experience with CRM systems is preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work with all levels of employees.
If interested in this role please submit your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, utilizing reference code GSM314.