Financial and Systems Analyst (San Diego)
The Financial and Systems Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate production of financial analysis and other reports for use by management. They will play a key role in preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and other periodic forecasts. The position will lead or support the implementation of new data systems and the integration of those systems with Accounting and will support the maintenance of system configurations. Additionally this position will support the CFO or the Accounting department with financial statement analysis, account reconciliations or other Accounting duties as required.
Essential Functions & Duties:
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Creates, prepares and distributes periodic financial and other reporting or data analysis using MGP, FRx, Excel, Access or other tools to support the various reporting requirements of management.
- Performs analysis of monthly financial results, trends and variances from plans; performs statistical data extractions from various financial and accounting data bases as required for use in preparation of financial analysis.
- Performs cost-benefit analysis of operating programs.
- Analyzes and reports monthly on actual versus budget or prior year variances and identifies trends.
- Communicates with Data Base service provider, IT department, Accounting Department and other departments to exchange information, resolve issues or coordinate activities.
- Will lead project to implement a budgeting and capital planning software tool and will maintain the operating budget tool, once implemented.
- Supports the CFO and plays a key role in preparation and coordination with all operating departments of the annual budget and capital plan and periodic forecasts.
- Examines budgets for completeness, accuracy and conformity with policies and procedures.
- Work with the CFO to maintain and update budgets and software tool configuration to keep pace with the growth and the changing needs and growth of the Company.
- Collaborates with other departments and supports Project Manager on software tool implementations and configuration as requested.
- Identify and eliminating duplication of effort. Increase productivity by more effectively using existing systems or by supporting the implementation of new tools.
- Writes departmental procedures, training manuals, as delegated or required with tool implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance.
- 5-6 years applicable experience.
- Great Plains, FRx, (or related Microsoft reporting tool ), Advanced Excel, Advanced Power point experience required.
- Data extraction from various systems helpful.
- SQL report writing experience preferred.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software configuration.
- Experience with budget preparation, capital plan preparation and reporting.
- Possesses a strong understanding of business processes, cycles and reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to examine relevant information and use judgment to detect or assess problems or irregularities.
- Ability to extract and analyze financial information and present findings in a meaningful way.
If interested please send your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to email@example.com, utilizing reference code FA314.