We are looking to add an experienced Brewer to our growing team! The Brewer performs all aspects of beer production, from beginning to end at the Main Brewery. This includes brewing, cellar operations, filtration, cleaning and sanitation and maintenance of plant equipment.
Essential Functions & Duties
• Efficiently operates all brewing equipment at the Main Brewery including the brew house, filters, kegging machine, cleaning equipment, milling equipment, and all other support equipment in the brewery.
• Monitors fermentation; cleaning and sanitizing tanks, and yeast management.
• Responsible for the successful operation of the brewing process at the Main Brewery as well as one, or more, of the Karl Strauss Brewing Company satellite brewery operations.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Know and love beer.
• Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited brewing school.
• At minimum, two years experience working in a brewery.
• Able to work basic computer programs such as MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Mechanical aptitude required and experience working with small tools
Requires walking, standing, and/or driving for more than 90% of the workday. Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
• Non-slip shoes with reinforced toes are required to be worn at all times while in the brewery.
• Chemical resistant gloves and/or boots are required to be worn at all times while working with chemicals.
• Hearing protection and safety glasses are required to be worn in certain areas of the brewery.
• Requires frequent trips up and down stairs, bending, stooping, and/or twisting, and mobile dexterity to manipulate small tools and machinery.
If interested please submit your resume to email@example.com, utilizing reference code BREW8114.
Does a job that involves good beer, good food, and good people sound right for you? Then you’ve come to the right place. Karl Strauss Brewing Company is an independent craft brewery with 6 brewery restaurants located throughout Southern California.