We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our Universal Citywalk team! Sous Chef is responsible for effectively managing all operations of the kitchen in his/her assigned brewery restaurant location under limited to no supervision in the Brewery Restaurant Chef’s absence. This position is a “hands-on, multi-tasking” position, which requires working on the line during high volume periods as well as leading his/her team of direct reports.
Some of the Essential Functions & Duties Include:
- Provides proper and detailed training and/or seminars for all direct reports.
- Provides timely and detailed performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Assists in leading monthly department meetings incorporating topics such as communication, safety and security, adherence to recipe specifications, internal policies and procedures, and various other topics as needed.
- Analyzes, forecasts, schedules, and directs the work of direct reports.
- Manages assigned hourly staff including maintaining proper staffing levels, approving schedule changes, making recommendations on hiring/firing/wage adjustments, approving overtime hours, providing prompt and detailed disciplinary action when necessary, and providing for meal and rest breaks.
- Creates and fosters a solid working relationship with all members of the BR management team to create unity between the front and back of house.
Quality of Operations:
- Assists the Brewery Restaurant Chef in placing product orders utilizing the established procedures, products and approved vendors.
- Conducts periodic audits and inspections of the preparation and line areas to ensure recipe specifications are met; taking corrective action as needed.
- Creates and fosters authentic relationships with approved vendors and ensure the accuracy of all orders placed.
- Manages the dating and proper rotation of all food products training hourly employees on FIFO rotation system.
- Makes recommendations to the Brewery Restaurant Chef on new and/or existing recipes streamlining efficiency and execution.
- Analyzes prior sales and labor data to make recommendations to the Brewery Restaurant Chef regarding the kitchen’s annual operating budget.
- Provides accurate and updated inventories on assigned areas of the BR to the Brewery Restaurant Chef at month end.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
If interested in this position please submit your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to email@example.com, utilizing reference code KM713.
- 3-4 years applicable experience within a full service, high volume restaurant in a multi-unit concept.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent. Professional culinary education and/or background preferred.
- Successful completion of the ServSafe training program and/or current Food Handler’s Card.
- Effective communication and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Aloha POS systems and GAAP practices perferred.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced setting, prioritizing work assignments and managing multiple projects at one time.
Click below to download
an application in PDF format.