Kick-off SDBW 2012 with a Brew Your Own Beer Brunch. Help brew the beer of your choosing alongside a Karl Strauss brewer while you learn our brewery’s history straight from Co-Founder Chris Cramer. Taste limited release and award-winning beers with Brewmaster Paul Segura paired with beer brunch dishes by Executive Chef Gunther Emathinger.
Date: Friday November 2, 2012
Where: Karl Strauss Brewing Company,
1157 Columbia Street, San Diego
Ticket Price: $50 per person, tickets online only (this event will sell out, so buy early)
There will be no paper tickets. Your name will be on a list at the door.
*BREW YOUR OWN BEER
It’s your call.
Vote on the beer you’d like to help brew when you purchase your ticket. The winning beer will be announced right here, on the day of event.
Brewers’ Beer Options:
- Lyndon Walker’s “Valencia Orange Pale Ale” — Session pale ale brewed with locally grown oranges and dry hopped for a truly aromatic hop experience
- Sean Albrecht’s “Hoppy Oatmeal Brown” — Smooth, yet robust American brown ale brewed with oatmeal and a generous dosing of hops.
- Matt Dale’s “Texas Brown Ale” — Hoppy brown ale brewed with 2 pounds of Brown Sugar and Molasses.
- Austin Pinder’s “EZ Rye-der” — Pale ale brewed with rye, lemon peel, cloves, and ginger to give it some complex spicy undertones.
- John Hunter’s “Coffee & Cream” — Milk stout brewed with coffee, perfect as a breakfast or dessert beer.
for the Beer-inspired Brunch
- Parrot in a Palm Tree Baltic Porter
Chocolate Pancake with Spiced Whipped Cream
- Two Tortugas Belgian Quad
Pork Belly Tacos
- 21st Anniversary Ale brewed with Old Vine Zin grape juice
Grilled Flat Iron, Blackberry Gastrique, Gorgonzola
- 22nd Anniversary Vanilla Imperial Stout
Beer Bacon Waffles, Salted Caramel
- SDBW Peanut Butter Cup Porter
Stuffed French Toast (cream cheese, plantain)
- Conquistador Doppelbock
Beer Brats and Poached Egg
- Big Barrel Double IPA
Spicy Shrimp Fritatta
- Wreck Alley Imperial Stout
Beer-braised Short Rib Hash
- + 10 beers on tap
Take part in a VIP tour led by CEO and Co-Founder Chris Cramer and Brewmaster Paul Segura. Walk away with a snazzy new glass in honor SDBW 2012.
Get a ticket to come back and enjoy a pint of the beer on the final day of SDBW (Sunday, November 11) to taste the finished beer. Ticket good for one pint only.
Tickets are limited to 40 guests. Buy now, sell out risk is very high.
$50 per person 21+ Only Event - Must present ID at the door.