Kick-off SDBW 2011 where it all started. Join Chris Cramer, Karl Strauss CEO & Co-founder, and Paul Segura, Karl Strauss Brew Master, for a VIP tour and gourmet beer pairing brunch at San Diego’s first craft brewery- Karl Strauss Downtown.
Date: Friday November 4, 2011
Where: Karl Strauss Brewing Company,
1157 Columbia Street, San Diego
Ticket Price: $50 per person, tickets online only (this event will sell out, so buy early)
There will be no paper tickets. Your name will be on a list at the door.
*Ticket Sales Have ENDED
Led by CEO and Co-Founder Chris Cramer and Brewmaster Paul Segura.
A beer-inspired brunch menu created by Executive Chef Gunther Emathinger expertly paired with eight special release Karl Strauss beers, including reserve bottles from Chris Cramer’s private collection.
Walk away with a snazzy new glass in honor SDBW 2011.
Free Beer Ticket to come back on the final day of SDBW (Sunday November 13) to taste the finished beer.
Tickets are limited to 40 guests. Buy now, sell out risk is very high.
$50 per person 21+ Only Event - Must present ID at the door.
*Ticket Sales Have ENDED
- Parrot in a Palm Tree Baltic Porter
- Two Tortugas Belgian Quad
- 21st Anniversary Ale brewed with Old Vine Zin grape juice
- 22nd Anniversary Vanilla Imperial Stout
- SDBW Heavy Petti IIPA
- Off the Rails
- Tower 20 IIPA
- Flanders Style Sour
*BREW YOUR OWN BEER It’s your call.
Ticket purchasers will get to vote on the beer style they want to brew. The winning beer will be announced right here, on the day of event.
Brewers’ Beer Options:
- Nolan Clark’s “The Green” — tropical inspired pale ale infused with some tropical fruit puree’s like pineapple, guava, lichi and mango. A session ale with original gravity of around 12-13* plato, dry finish with nice hop and tropical fruit character.
- John Hunter’s “Peanut Butter Cup Porter” — in the style of a Brown/Robust Porter. This beer pairs the rich chocolate tones of a traditional porter with its perfect compliment of peanut butter added during whirlpool.
- James Petti’s “Monstruo de los Granos — Caballero de la Planta Amarga” Epic. It’s like a novel turned into a beer. Combination Blonde, Wheat, Pale, Red, Brown, Black Ale. Brewed with 20 different hop varieties added at 3 minute intervals throughout the boil.
- Matt Johnson’s “Raspberry Ale” — a light ale with fresh raspberries. Simple but determined to be the best fruit ale you’ve tasted in a long while.
- Derek Gallanosa’s “Big Pimpin’ Pumpkin Pie Ale” — a fruit/spiced ale. Get ready to give your taste buds a special treat with this festive ale brewed with freshly baked pumpkin and spiced with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and brown sugar.